Tuesday, January 22, 2013

love your kids

a shooting in New Mexico. A 15 year old boy shot and killed 5 people in their home. a 15 year old!!!!!...(ahem), let me say that again..... 
A 15 YEAR OLD BOY SHOT AND KILLED 5 PEOPLE IN THEIR HOME.  
I am gonna take a risk and put this out there....In my opinion, the very first step to this GUN CONTROL ISSUE, starts at home. Parents, love your children, but for heaven's sake, discipline their defiant butts every now and then. Set limits. Teach them rules and guidelines. And don't lock them in their rooms to be taught the ways of the world with video games......
that's just my 2 cents. It's not a solution, but it's a start. Sorry if I offend anyone. I'm just sick of seeing this on the news.
The above paragraph was my facebook post yesterday.  It must have struck a nerve, as I had more Likes than ever before.  I think all 12 friends did a thumbs up...
I think we all agree....things are getting out of hand.
If I hear of one more shooting, I swear, I will scream...  Seriously.
I don't know how to say it any other way than to just put it out there....be blunt....say it like it is....
Parents, get your frkn head out of your ass and pay attention to your children.
This won't fix everything.  It certainly will not solve all the problems, but can't we agree it's the best place to start?  It's not the teachers, doctors, preachers, lawmakers, congress or the President's responsibility.....it starts at H.O.M.E.
and that doesn't mean use video games to do it!
There I said it!  I'm sorry....but this is a touchy subject with me.  I can't stand to see the way kids are these days.  And worst yet, I can't stand to see how some parents are.  This, in part, has to do with my dear husband....
His parenting skills suck, and I've just about had enough of this as well.
do you know how hard it is to sit back and watch..... it's hard.
It's hard enough that, adding that to our already present issues, I am about drained.

My promise to my children


1 comment:

  1. I agree, parents need to be involved. Unfortunately, there are so many influences that sometimes the parents can do everything right and the chile still goes awry. It is sad when that happens. Bur there are bad seeds. I have seen it. Just like the bad parents who have kids who overcome their childhoods. You can only do your best. You have to try.

    ReplyDelete